opencocon (cocon) is little GNU/Linux distribution optimized for Thin-client purpose. It is useful to re-use old computer (maybe..), because response speed is faster than standalone use.
Unique feature of cocon:
- No desktop environment : All desktop environment from host computer
- No user save-able area
- Support late-90′ PCs (Windows 9x generation)
Our development goal is:
- Utilize old computer with Thin-clients
- Running at least 32MB of memory, 150MB of Disk space
- Support PC, PPC Macintosh, Some ARM-based hardware
- Easy deploy, portable, long-term use
Our history begins research based project, 400 Synchronized Damien (Damien400) from 2008. It tried minimum case of thin client environment and check compatibility. After released Damien-20090220, started change base distribution from Slackware to OpenEmbedded and and now opencocon.